Cookbook mania

11:07 PM




Got my cookbooks in today. Excited. Still embarrassed that it appears that I'm becoming more domesticated mainly because I'm career-focused right now but I'm determined to conquer all my weaknesses and none more beneficial to me (and the husband) than cooking.

Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy: A feast of 175 regional recipes
So far the book is sparse on photography but after reading the first few recipes I can definitely overlook it. Cannot wait to try a few of them: Spaghetti in tomato-apple sauce (different but intriguing), saffron-infused olive oil, almond biscottini... I'm drooling already.

Babycakes: Vegan, (mostly) gluten-free, and (mostly) sugar-free recipes from New York's most talked-about bakery 
This bakery won "Best Cupcake award" in 2006 from New York magazine. They beat out bakeries all while using ingredients that cater to those with food allergies/sensitivities. The effort seems a little much because I do not have food allergies and many ingredients cannot be found in my local grocery story. But I'm drawn to the idea of being able to have my fix of baked sweets and treat my body better. Oh and the photography in this book has me licking the pages.

You Might Also Like

0 comments