Cookbook update

11:39 AM

Haven't posted about my cooking escapades because life has gotten busy but wanted to rant and rave about my favorite cookbook, Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy. I've had more successful results from this book than any other cookbook. My latest experiment is Spinach Genova-style which included raisins and anchovies. I know it sounds weird, maybe gross to some, but with an open-mind I dove in and loved it. Even my I-don't-eat-anything-green Husband finished off every last leafy green on his plate. I know I keep raving about this book but only because I'm so pleased that my cooking-inept self made delectable dishes that are relatively easy but full of flavor. Not to mention the Husband enjoyed it and he's my harshest food critic. He still won't let me live down the time I made salty cupcakes.

Side note: There is one thing I will not be making again and that is the Everyday Duck only because it had to cook in 400 degree temps and hot oil popped and splattered all over my oven, making a big mess. The duck was crispy and good but the clean up wasn't worth it.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Salty cupcakes, LOL! I made salty lemon merengue pie once. Used salt instead of sugar for the topping and wahh-la!

    ReplyDelete