Mint selling your information

3:27 PM

A while back I kept reading and hearing about Mint, an online money management service where you enter in all your account information from banks, credit unions, credit cards and investments. Different magazines touted Mint and its ease in helping you budget with graphs and categorize your purchases. Efficient but scary. The idea of letting a third party the keys to my accounts didn't sit well with me. Today I read from The Consumerist that Mint's CEO Aaron Patzer acknowledges the "gold mine" of information he is sitting on and is deciding whether or not he will sell that information. It's enough that credit card companys sell your information (if you don't opt out) but to have Mint sell information with such a detailed picture of your financial situation is just a little too far for me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments