Haven

7:51 PM

Houston Restaurant Week is the perfect opportunity to try new restaurants, especially ones I have long to visit, like Haven. I had baby arugula, peaches, peach vinaigrette, candied pecans, goat cheese crostini for the first course and jumbo lump crab cake with squash blossom sauce and charred corn relish for the second course. I actually like the slight bitterness of arugula especially when paired with something sweet, like candied pecans and juicy peaches, to tone down the sharp flavor. The crab cake was exactly how I like it, pure crab meat unadulterated with filler.
The above dessert is coconut tres leches bread pudding. Yes. Tres leches bread pudding. I shared it with my mother-in-law and her sister and while they were trying to figure out how to split the tab I quietly and swiftly chipped away at this amazing concoction. Let me just throw out there I'm not a big fan of tres leches or bread pudding - if you put it in front of me I'll eat it but it's certainly not my first choice - not to mention I've never taken to meringue. However, I could have cleaned the plate with my tongue. The meringue was subtly sweet and perfectly complimented the bread pudding. Will definitely return.

You Might Also Like

0 comments