Tastes like home

9:02 PM

I've written about my Mom many times but I don't think I've ever published those posts. Mainly they are about how I miss her home cooking and how she made the most flavorful and amazing soups/broths. Like many of my Asian friends, she never left recipes for her children. I missed her soups even more now that I'm wired shut and have been restricted to juices, Boost and Hormel chicken bouillon. So today I attempted to recreate her fish broth and came up with a pot full of nostalgic gold. I'm most likely biased because of my restrictive diet but it just brought me back. 

If you're ever looking for something other than chicken broth or bouillon try this out.

Ingredients: 3 thick fillets of Tilapia, 3 carrots cut into large pieces, 3 tomatoes quartered and a handful of dried dates (optional)

Prep: Fry the Tilapia in about 1-2 tbsp of olive oil until both sides are cooked and has a nice brown crust. At the same time boil 8 cups of water and throw in the carrots and tomatoes and a little salt. Once the fish is done pan frying drop it in the soup and simmer on low for an hour. 

The longer you stew it the more flavorful.

You Might Also Like

0 comments